28 August 2011

Hello Ann Arbor!

It was quite a happy coincidence that I booked my flight to Michigan for yesterday morning, as I made it out of the East Coast Imbroglio in the nick of time. (Although it seems Joe & Roommates are having a grand old time cooped up in Brooklyn having Hurricane Brunch - if I were there, they would have a fourth for Spades...)

Coffee toast to my new surroundings.

And so, friends, after several days of packing and fretting I have moved. I kicked off my first day as a Midwesterner with a brunch at Zingerman's Roadhouse (Oh sour cherry preserves!). I still have a good deal to do to move myself into my new digs, but I'm here and ready to start this adventure!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie! We haven't spoken in ages but I'm so happy to hear that you are in Ann Arbor. I went to UM, just left in May, and I think it's a really wonderful place. Zingerman's is of course amazing, I would also recommend Seva and Jerusalem Garden. If you are interested in any Michigan gear/stuff and you go to the MDen on State street, you should ask for Julie Cahill and tell her you went to Castilleja - she's my cousin! Where are you living in Ann Arbor? This is the first summer in four years I'm not headed there, so I'm a bit jealous of you right now! Best of luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Ann Arbor over 40 years ago on Church St. (I'm a friend of your mother and saw your post on facebook! and was compelled to comment!)
    I always loved Ann Arbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is a lot of work... I hope you like your new home!!

    http://kariyah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHh, that all sounds so exciting! Can't wait to move! Looking forward to pics of your new house! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't even know anyone who has ever been to ann arbor, and yet i've still heard amazing things about zingerman's - i want to go someday.

    i hope everything continues to go smoothly moving-wise & imbroglio is one of my favorite words.

    ReplyDelete